Does Your Child Need Immunizations?

 Wisconsin’s immunization laws have had some recent changes.

 The following changes will be enforced for the 2014-2015 school year:

 All High School Grade Levels need a single dose booster against tetanus, diptheria and pertussis (Tdap) if they have not had a tetanus shot within 5 years of entering the grade in which Tdap is required.

 All High School Grade Levels need a 2nd dose of Varicella (chickenpox vaccine) if they only had one dose of the vaccine before.  If they have had the chicken pox illness, they do not need to have another shot.

 Please notify the school nurse of any shots your child has had.  You can view your child’s immunization record in Skyward Parent Access.  Please contact the school nurse if you have any questions.

Immunizations can be obtained through your private health care provider, your local health department, or even your pharmacy. 

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter,

Deanna Jarnigo, RN, BSN, NCSN
School Nurse
Wilmot Union High School
PO Box 8
11112 308th Ave
Wilmot, WI 53192
262-862-2351, ext. 315